To enhance your candle burning experience, the following guidelines are recommended:
1. To enhance your candle burning experience, we recommended recommend the following tips:
Always keep your candles in a cool, dark, and dry place.
2. When lighting the candle for the first time, burn until the wax melts across the entire surface to the sides of the glass. This prevents tunneling and allows the candle to create an even burn for the life of the candle. It may take 3-4 hours to achieve a full wax pool.
3. Trim your wick before you light your candle to have an even burn, steady flame, and to limit sooting or mushrooming of the wick. Sooting can appear with candles that have burned longer than the 3-4 hour recommendation.
4. Keep the candle wax free of wick trims, matches or other debris at all times. Never leave a burning candle on or near anything that can catch fire such as furniture, drapes, books, paper, or other flammable material.
5. While having a candle snuffer is ideal, try dipping the wick into the melted wax and then straighten the wick to prevent smoking.
6. Keep your candle out of drafts so that you increase burn time, prevent uneven burning, smoking, diminished scent throw, and accidental fire.
7. To maximize scent throw, keep the candle in an enclosed area with no open windows or doors for 30 minutes before entering. Likewise, don’t burn too many candles in a small room or in a tight home where space is not well ventilated.
8. Avoid placing your candle where they are exposed to direct sunlight or harsh indoor lighting. Candles may fade if left in bright light for an extended period of time.Never leave a candle unattended around children, pets or drafts. Allow the candle to cool completely before handling. Extinguish your candle before leaving home or going to sleep.
9. Never burn a candle all the way down once the wick tab is seen. Extinguish the flame if it comes too close to the container. Failure to extinguish the flame can be dangerous, resulting in shattered glass from an overheated container.
10. Replace the cap to your candle after it’s cooled from a burn to help keep the cold throw and keep dust from collecting on the top of your candle. Please note that dust can be a fire hazard.
Always follow candle safety rules to prevent fire, personal injury and/or property damage.
If you have any questions about candle care that you were unable to find here, please email email@example.com for assistance.